Aurecon provides engineering, management and specialist technical services for governmentand private sector clients globally. The company has been involved in projects that span multiple markets across Africa, Asia Pacific, the Middle East, and the Americas. Aurecon understands that success means different things to different people. The company’s business model gives it the ability to deliver its full range of services globally by creating thebest teams for its clients, developing strong relationships and delivering innovative solutions that are built on a deep understanding of the markets in which it operates.
Aurecon’s collaborative business model nurtures the development of market leading expertise.Ranked the Number One Company in South Africa in the Engineering Groups Sector by Topco Media’s Top500 Best Managed Companies publication in 2014, Aurecon’s success can be attributed to its shift beyond engineering – acknowledging that its staff and its relationships with its clients are at the very heart of its business.
Aurecon’s values form the foundation of its commitment to client relationships and the contribution it makes to the communities in which it operates.
|Lynnwood, Pretoriafirstname.lastname@example.org||+27 (0)12 427 2000||http://aurecongroup.com|
Year founded: 2009
Founding members: Africon 1951, Connell Wagner 1934, Ninham Shand 1932
Employees: >7 500 employees worldwide
Branches: Offices in over 26 countries
Memberships: Consulting Engineers SouthAfrica (CESA), Association of Consulting Engineers Australia (ACEA)
|CONTRACTS & AWARDS|
• Three CESA Aon Engineering Excellence Awards in 2013
• South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) Award for the Dr Chota Motala Interchange upgrade in 2013
• Four South African Property Association (SAPOA) Innovative Excellence Awards in 2013
• Three Retail Design and Development Awards in 2013
• 2013 Institute of Risk Management South Africa (IRMSA) Award in the Environmental Initiative category
• Three Diamond Arrow Awards from the Professional Management Review Africa (PMR Africa) journal in 2013
• Three Golden Arrow Awards from the PMR Africa journal in 2013
• Number One Company in South Africa in the Engineering Groups Sector according to the Top500 Best Managed Companies publication for the seventh consecutive
|TRAINING, EMPOWERMENT & CSI|
Training programmes: Comprehensive skills development and mentorship programmes Empowerment initiatives: Growing black enterprises through targeted enterprise
CSI initiatives: Aurecon Cares is an on-going programme which aims to encourage all staff to embrace a philosophy of giving back to the communities in which we operate through various outreaches like old age homes, hospitals, rural schools, child care centres, etc.
BEE contribution rating: Aurecon has been verified as a Level 2 contributor to B-BBEE
Acting Chief Executive Officer: Tony McCusker